SOME IS NOT BETTER THAN NONE
September 29, 2013
Luke 9:23-27 ESV:  And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.  For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it.  For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself?  For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.  But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God.”
If we go after Jesus (genuine Christian)…
Take up cross
3 Warnings about the cost:
- If in an attempt to save ourselves, we go our own way, the way that makes sense to us, the world’s way (don’t deny, take up, follow), we will end up losing our life.
- If we end up winning by the world’s value system (don’t deny, take up, follow) we will lose ourselves.
- If we are ashamed of Jesus (don’t deny, take up and follow), then we are not followers of Jesus and we will be in big trouble on judgment day.
3 Life Transforming Benefits:
- If we yield to Jesus directing our life (do deny, take up, follow), we will save it.
- If we forfeit the world’s value system and live by Jesus’ (do deny, take up, follow), we will gain life with Christ.
- If we boldly acknowledge Jesus (do deny, take up, follow), He will enthusiastically welcome us on judgment day.