A THRILL OF HOPE: HOW THE HOPE OF JESUS' BIRTH CHANGED MARY'S LIFE
December 13, 2015
Luke 1:46-55 ESV:  And Mary said, “My soul magnifies the Lord,  and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,  for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant. For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;  for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name.  And his mercy is for those who fear him from generation to generation.  He has shown strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts;  he has brought down the mighty from their thrones and exalted those of humble estate;  he has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent away empty.  He has helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy,  as he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his offspring forever.”
What hope in the birth of Jesus inspires…
… a celebration of God from deep within.
Where hope in the birth of Jesus is found…
- God was merciful to Mary.
- God has shown her favor she didn’t deserve.
- God did what only He could do.
- God is unlike any other.
- God is merciful to all who fear Him.
- God humbles all those who are unresponsive to Him.
- God lifts up those in need who turn to Him.
- God is full of mercy and always keeps His promises.