May 1, 2016
Hebrews 11:1-3 ESV: By Faith  Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.  For by it the people of old received their commendation.  By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.
- Faith is being convinced of the reality of spiritual things that we cannot see.
- Faith is all God has ever wanted from anyone.
- Faith is being convinced that the God we cannot see created everything that we can.
Life Group Questions
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
- What is the big idea of 10:32-39?
- What are things “hoped for”?
- What is “assurance of things hoped for”?
- What are the “things not seen”?
- What is the “conviction of things not seen”?
- Who are the “people of old”? What does it mean that they received “their commendation”?
- According to the author, faith is believing that God created the world. Why is that important?
- How would you paraphrase the big idea of 11:1-3?
HOW DOES IT APPLY?
- When did you first come to have “faith” in God? What did your faith look like then?
- How often do you think about the reality of heaven and what we will eventually enjoy?
- How does your thinking about heaven impact your thoughts and feelings now?
- How often do you think about the reality of our being forgiven, being made children of God, having direct access to Him?
- How does your thinking about the reality of our justified spiritual position before God impact you thoughts and emotions now?