SAVED BY GRACE, YET WORK OUT OUR OWN SALVATION?
EPHESIANS 2:8-10; PHILIPPIANS 2:12-13
June 26, 2016
Ephesians 2:8-10 ESV:  For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,  not a result of works, so that no one may boast.  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Philippians 2:12-13 ESV:  Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling,  for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.
- We are saved “by” God’s grace.
- We are saved “through” our faith.
- God’s grace and our faith are gifts from God.
- Our faith is not our achievement.
- Our faith is not a reward for our efforts.
- No one has anything to boast about.
- We are God’s masterpiece.
- We have been created to do good works.
- · God prepared our good works before we ever were.
- · We are to do good works.
- We are to do good works (work out your salvation).
- We are to do good works, just like we have been doing
- We are to do good works alarmingly aware of the miracle taking place in and through us.
- God is working in us.
- God is working in us to give us the “will” to do good works.
- God is working in us to get us to do good works.