WHY DID JESUS PRAY? WHY SHOULD WE PRAY IF GOD ALREADY KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN?
MATTHEW 6:9-13; JAMES 4:2B
July 10, 2016
Matthew 6:9-13 ESV:  Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.  Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread,  and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.  And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
James 4:2B ESV: You do not have, because you do not ask.
Why did Jesus pray? (since He is God)
- Jesus prayed as a model for us.
- Jesus prayed to deepen His communion, fellowship with the Father.
Why should we pray if God already knows what will happen?
- Prayer is an expression of our faith.
- Prayer is a primary way through which we are brought into closer, deeper fellowship with God.
- Prayer is the means through which God often accomplishes His sovereign will.