What Is Alpha?
alpha is a meal, a talk and a conversation.
It’s an opportunity to meet friends, neighbors and others in a casual setting to discuss significant issues about life over several weeks. It’s a time to ask any question without worry over offending someone else.
What does alpha leadership look like?
There is a Host, a Facilitator, and Helper(s)
Host is one who makes their home available as a gathering place.
Facilitator guides guests through the activities of the evening, launches the DVD presentation (approx. 30 min) and facilitates the discussion
Helpers- well they help. They might help prepare the meal/dessert, might setup before or cleanup afterward and/or participate in the discussion.
RCC uses the Alpha format as a means of reaching out to friends and neighbors on one's sphere of influence: friends, neighbors, co-workers, to engage them in conversation about significant issues of faith.
Who is it for?
- People who have questions about God.
- Those looking into purpose and meaning of life.
- People looking for a new connection of faith.
- Those who want to brush up on the basics of faith.
What does that look like?
- We explore key issues related to the Christian faith over about 10 sessions in a relaxed setting.
- We start with dinner (30 min.) together and enjoy conversation.
- We listen to a talk (30) min.) - a thought-provoking talk is given on some aspect of the Christian faith.
- We meet in small groups for discussion (30 min.) Everyone has the opportunity to ask any question or make any comment on topic at hand.
For more information about the schedule for next series or questions contact Jim Klein.