What does it mean?
1. What has been Paul’s flow of thought from 1:3-30?
2. How is Paul continuing the big idea from Philippians 1:27-30 in 2:1-11?
3. What are the foundations or benefits that Paul lists for our Christian unity? What do you think these things mean?
4. What does Paul mean when he says, “complete my joy”?
5. How does Paul define humility? How do we see Jesus pictured in v5-11 as the primary example Paul uses for humility?
6. What does it mean that Jesus emptied himself?
7. How is Jesus being exalted? What is the name that is above every name? What does this say about Jesus? (cf. Isaiah 45:23)
8. How would you summarize Paul’s big idea of Philippians 2:1-11?
How does it apply?
1. How does the expression of humility get misinterpreted?
2. How does the humility of Jesus empower you to serve the best interest of those that claim to treasure Christ? Those yet to believe? How does that get expressed?
3. What gifts or talents do you possess that cause you the greatest frustration when they aren't recognized or valued?
4. How is humility foundational in the development and maintenance of unity?
5. Is being exalted in death a motivator in you life? Explain.