Sunday, December 16, 2012
What does it say?
- How would you summarize the big idea of 4:31-44?
- How does Luke describe the setting? Where are they? Who is there? What is going on?
- Why did Jesus get into Simon’s boat?
- Jesus tells Simon to put his nets into the water. What do we learn from Peter’s comment back to Jesus (5:5)? Why do you think Luke includes this comment?
- What do you think Luke wants us to understand about what Peter was feeling after the catch of fish (5:8)?
- Why does Jesus tell Simon that from now on he will be “catching men”?
- What motivated Peter and the guys to leave “everything” and follow Jesus?
- When they left “everything”, what did they leave? What did they do?
- When they “followed” Jesus, what did they do?
- What is the big idea Luke wants to convey in this passage?
How does it apply?
- When did you first really “hear” the gospel? What happened? How did you feel?
- After you ever felt like running away from Jesus? Have you ever actually run from him? Explain.
- How did God help you recognize your sinfulness?
- How has Jesus drawn you to himself?
- Do you enjoy sharing Jesus with others who don’t yet love him? Why or why not?
- What motivated you to leave “everything to “follow” Jesus