What does it mean?
1. What was Luke’s big idea in 9:28-36?
2. What’s wrong with the boy?
3. What does the father want from Jesus?
4. Why does Luke quote the father as saying that the disciples could not cast out the demon?
5. Why couldn’t the disciples cast out the demon?
6. Jesus states, “O faithless and twisted generation, how long am I to be with you and bear with you?” To whom is He talking? What is He trying to communicate to them?
7. What do you think the father and son were feeling after the boy had been healed?
8. What do you think is Luke’s primary reason for recounting this event?
How does it apply?
1. Has there ever been a time in your life when you felt like the father in this story, desperate for help, and so you “begged” God for help? What happened?
2. Is there an area of your life right now, where you would like God to do some healing work? What is it?
3. Do you think Jesus really wants to do more healing today?
4. Is there anything that prevents you from going more often to Jesus for help?
5. What would encourage you to go to Jesus more often for help?