What does it mean?
1. How would you summarize Luke’s flow of thought in 10:1-20?
2. What “things” has the Father hidden from the wise and understanding?
3. Who are the wise and understanding?
4. What specific things have been handed over to Jesus by the Father?
5. In what sense is the Father the only one who knows who the Son is?
6. In what sense is the Son the only one who knows the Father?
7. What does Jesus mean when he says, “and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him”? What is Jesus saying he does?
8. What have the disciples seen that makes them “Blessed”?
9. What have they heard that makes them “Blessed”?
10. What does Jesus mean that they are “Blessed”?
How does it apply?
1. When you chose to treasure Christ, how much influence did you think God had in your decision?
2. When you read texts like this about God’s sovereign involvement in revealing Christ, how does it make you feel?
3. How do you think Luke intends we feel when we read this text?
4. Who’s got it better than you?
5. What could you do to more fully appreciate your privileged standing as a child of God?
6. How would a deeper appreciation for your favored relationship with Jesus impact your passion to share Jesus with others?