What does it mean?
1. How would you paraphrase the big idea of 12:13-21?
2. Jesus tells us not to be anxious about what we will eat or what we will wear. Why shouldn’t we be anxious?
3. What’s Jesus’ point about the ravens and the lilies?
4. Why does Jesus say to these folks, “O you of little faith”?
5. What do all the nations seek after? What instead are those to whom Jesus speaks supposed to seek?
6. What is Jesus’ kingdom? What are the things that are added to us when we seek His kingdom first?
7. Jesus tells us He will give us the kingdom. What are we getting?
8. Jesus says to “sell your possessions and give to the needy”. How much are we supposed to sell? Does He mean everything? How are we supposed to understand this?
9. What’s Jesus saying about moneybags?
10. How would you paraphrase, “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also”.
11. How would you summarize in one sentence the big idea of 12:22-34?
How does it apply?
1. What do you tend to worry about the most?
2. When you think about your worrying, how do you think it relates to your understanding of who God is?
3. What do you think is the relationship between your worrying and your trusting God?
4. Do you ever worry that you think about money and stuff too much? Explain.
5. As you have trusted Jesus more, have you worried less? Explain.
6. What about Jesus’ kingdom do you enjoy the most?
7. What practically do you do to “seek” Jesus’ kingdom?
8. As you have sought Jesus’ kingdom, has He been faithful to add “these things” to you?
9. Do you think Jesus desires that you “sell” anything and give it to the “needy”? Explain.