What does it mean?
1. How would you summarize the big idea of 12:35-48?
2. In what sense did Jesus come to bring fire to the earth?
3. What baptism is Jesus to be baptized with? Why is Jesus’ distress great?
4. What does Jesus mean when He says He didn’t come to bring peace but rather division?
5. Jesus tells them they recognize the weather, but not the “present time”. What is He talking about?
6. What are the folks not judging rightly for themselves?
7. What’s Jesus’ point about settling accounts?
8. If we don’t settle accounts what happens?
9. How do we settle our account?
10. How would you summarize the big idea of 12:49-59?
How does it apply?
1. What are your earliest memories of Jesus?
2. Throughout your life, have you ever felt like Jesus is a polarizing force? Why do you think? Explain.
3. Where have you seen Jesus produce division in relationships?
4. Has anyone ever distanced themselves from you because of your treasuring Jesus? Explain.
5. What about who Jesus is and what He has done motivated you to wholeheartedly embrace Him?
6. When did the reality of heaven with Jesus, of our eternal imprisonment without Him, really touch your mind and heart? What happened? How did you respond?