What does it mean?
1. What was Luke’s big idea in 12:1-12?
2. What does the man in the crowd want Jesus to do?
3. Why was Jesus not willing to do what the man requested?
4. How would you paraphrase what Jesus says in 12:15 to set up the parable?
5. Why does the rich man in the parable want to build more barns?
6. What is the rich man’s philosophy of life?
7. In the parable God says to the rich man, “Fool”. How was the rich man foolish?
8. How does one “lay up treasure for himself”?
9. What does it mean to be, ”not rich toward God”?
10. What is the consequence of not being rich toward God?
11. How would you summarize 12:13-21?
How does it apply?
1. What was your view of money growing up? From whom or where did you get your perspective?
2. What impact did your coming to treasure Jesus have on the way you viewed and used money?
3. Are you tempted to trust money too much? Explain.
4. As you have grown in your faith, has your view of money changed? How?
5. If you were to analyze your present view and use of money, how does it connect to your following Jesus?
6. What do you think we should use to determine how much money we give to Jesus?
7. If you were to paraphrase how you think Jesus would tell us we should view and treat money, what would you say?