What does it mean?
1. How would you summarize the big idea of 12:49-59?
2. Why do you think they told Jesus about the Galileans killed by Pilate?
3. Jesus “answers” by saying, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered in this way?” From Jesus’ response what was the mistake in their thinking?
4. What was Jesus attempting to communicate?
5. Why do you think Jesus spends so much time talking about the need to repent? What does he mean by repent?
6. What do the folks need to repent from?
7. What’s the consequence of not repenting?
8. What is Jesus’ message in the fig tree parable?
9. How does the parable connect to what Jesus has just said?
10. How would you summarize the big idea of 13:1-9?
How does it apply?
1. Do you ever feel like before God some people are worse than others? Explain.
2. How did you “really” come to understand that everyone is guilty before God?
3. When you came to grasp that everyone is equally guilty before God, including you, how did it affect your view of Jesus?
4. Has your thinking about Jesus changed in the last year? How?
5. How can we be confident that we will not perish?