What does it mean?
1. What is Luke’s big idea in 13:22-30?
2. Do the Pharisees want to protect Jesus? Explain.
3. When Jesus refers to Herod as a “fox”, what is He intending to convey?
4. Why does Jesus emphasize that He is going to continue to cast out demons, and heal folks, and finish His “course”?
5. Why can’t a prophet perish away from Jerusalem? What is Jesus saying?
6. Is Jesus referring to Himself, the prophets God sent or both when He states, “How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings…”?
7. Why didn’t they want to gather under His wings?
8. What does Jesus mean to convey when He tells them, “your house is forsaken”?
9. How would you paraphrase 13:35?
10. What’s the big idea of 13:31-35?
How does it apply?
1. When did you first come to realize Jesus cared for you? What happened?
2. When you came to treasure Jesus, were you able to trust Him completely with every detail of your life? Explain.
3. As you think about your faith, are there pieces of your life with which you are not trusting Jesus as fully as you would like? What would they be?
4. What possible liabilities have you experienced from not trusting Jesus more fully?
5. What do you think would be helpful in encouraging you to trust Jesus more?