What does it mean?
- How would you summarize the big idea of 2:14-18?
- In what sense does the author want we readers to “consider Jesus”?
- What is “our confession”?
- In what ways are Jesus and Moses similar according to the author?
- In what ways are Jesus and Moses different?
- Why do you think the author compares and contrasts Moses and Jesus?
- Specifically what is the author trying to convey by telling us that Moses was faithful “in all God’s house” and “Christ is faithful over God’s house”?
- What’s the difference between Moses being a “servant” and Jesus a “son”?
- The author tells us that we are a part of God’s house “if we hold fast our confidence and our boasting in our hope”. What does it mean to “hold fast our confidence”? What does that look and feel like? What does it mean to “boast in our hope”? What does that look and feel like?
- How would you paraphrase the big idea of 3:1-6?
How does it apply?
- How would you summarize your understanding of Moses’ role in God’s plan of salvation? How do you feel about Moses?
- Are you tempted at all to give Moses more glory than Jesus? Why?
- Are there circumstances that sometimes challenge your holding with confidence to Jesus? Explain.
- If you are challenged sometimes to hold fast to Jesus, what do you do?
- How do you boast in your hope in Jesus? What does your boasting look like?
- Is there anything that would help you hold more tightly to Jesus and cause you to boast in Him a little more? What would that be?
Print the Questions