What does it mean?
- How would you summarize the big idea of 3:1-6?
- Verse 7 begins with “Therefore”, what does that tell us?
- Why does the author of Hebrews attribute this quote from Psalm 95 to the “Holy Spirit” instead of the human author?
- How would you summarize the quote from Psalm 95 (vs. 7-11)?
- Why was the unbelief of the Exodus generation so shocking?
- What two things does the author tell the readers to do in light of vs. 7-11?
- What was the “original confidence” these Hebrew believers had?
- What consequence is given for failing to believe God/trust God in v. 18-19?
How does it apply?
- Given what you’ve seen and experienced of God, is drifting away from your original confidence a possibility for you?
- How do you guard against that drifting?
- What is the role of the church/other believers in helping you guard against drifting away?
- What is your role with other believers in helping them not drift away? What does that look like?
- Are there any fears associated with helping other believers not drift away from their original confidence in Jesus?