What does it mean?
1. How would you summarize 1:1-14?
2. How would you summarize 2:1-4?
3. How would you summarize 2:5-9?
4. What was “fitting” for God to do?
5. What does it mean that the founder of our faith was “made perfect through suffering”? In what sense was Jesus made “perfect” through His suffering?
6. What does the author mean by “in bringing many sons to glory”?
7. Who is “he who sanctifies”? Who are “those who are sanctified”? What does the author mean by their having “one source”?
8. Why is Jesus not ashamed to call us “brothers”?
9. What is the author trying to convey in each of his 3 Old Testament quotes?
10. How would you paraphrase the big idea of 2:10-13?
How does it apply?
1. When were you first introduced to the idea of Jesus’ incarnation, as God becoming a human being?
2. How has your understanding of Jesus’ incarnation changed since first being introduced to this miraculous truth?
3. How do you feel when you ponder the reality that Jesus is really a human being? How does this reality affect your faith?
4. When you consider your relationship with God, does the feeling of shame ever creep in? Why do you think? Do you believe God wants you to live with shame? Why or why not?