What does it mean?
1. How would you summarize 4:1-10?
2. What are we to “strive” for?
3. What specifically is “the same sort of disobedience”?
4. What does it mean that the word of God is living and active?
5. What is the author trying to communicate by saying the Word is “sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and of marrow…”?
6. How does the word of God discern “thoughts and intentions”?
7. No one is hidden from God’s sight, and will have to give an account. What is the author intending to convey by telling us this?
8. How would you paraphrase 4:11-13?
How does it apply?
1. How did you come to treasure Jesus?
2. How was the Bible involved in your coming to love Jesus?
3. How would you describe your relationship with the Bible since you came to faith?
4. What challenges do you face when reading the Bible?
5. What would help you read the Bible more confidently?