What does it mean?
1. How would you summarize 4:11-13?
2. What does the author mean when he tells us Jesus is a “great high priest”?
3. What does it mean that he “passed through the heavens”?
4. What does it mean to “hold fast our confession”? What is our confession?
5. Why do you think the author emphasizes that Jesus understands our temptations? Yet never sinned?
6. What is the “throne of grace”? What does it mean to “draw near” it with confidence?
7. We are to go to the throne of grace to “receive mercy and find grace”. What does the “mercy’ and “grace” we “receive look like?
8. How would you summarize 4:14-16?
How does it apply?
1. What practically do you do to “hold fast” your “confession”?
2. Does it feel to you like Jesus really understands your temptations and challenges? Explain.
3. In what area of your life would you really like to receive more mercy and grace from Jesus?
4. If Jesus gave you more mercy and grace, what would he do, give you?
5. Do you confidently go to Jesus to receive more mercy and grace? Why or why not?
6. What would encourage you to more confidently approach Jesus?