What does it mean?
1. How would you summarize Hebrews chapter 3?
2. What does the author tell us we should be afraid of?
3. Why didn’t the good news benefit some of the folks (4:2)?
4. How does someone enter God’s rest?
5. Who was it that missed God’s rest (4:3)?
6. Why does the author tell us God rested on the seventh day?
7. Joshua didn’t provide the kind of rest the author of Hebrews is talking about, what is the day referred to as “another”?
8. What kind of rest is the author talking about?
9. Why should we “strive” to enter God’s rest? How do we “strive” to enter God’s rest? What does that striving look like?
10. What are the benefits of entering God’s rest?
11. How would you summarize 4:1-11?
How does it apply?
1. How long have you treasured Jesus? How did you first come to place your confidence in him?
2. Have there been times when your confidence and boasting in Jesus has waned? Would you mind explaining?
3. Who do you have in your life that helps keep you focused on Jesus (exhort)? What do they do?
4. Do you have folks that you intentionally encourage to keep focused on Jesus (exhort)? What do you do?
5. What has encouraged your confidence in Jesus in the past?
6. What would encourage you to have even more confidence in Jesus? To boast even more about him?