What does it mean?
1. What does Luke tell us about the chief priests and scribes? About Judas?
2. Jesus gives lots of directions about Passover. What is Luke trying to convey by listing the specifics?
3. Why do you think Jesus desired to eat the Passover with the disciples before He suffered?
4. What is the significance of Jesus telling the disciples that He would not celebrate Passover with them again until the consummation of the kingdom?
5. When Jesus broke the bread and passed the cup He said, “This is my body, which is given for you….This cup that is poured is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood”. What did He mean? Put it in you own words.
6. What does Jesus mean when He states, “For the Son of Man goes as it has been determined…”?
7. What does Jesus mean by, “…but woe to that man by whom he is betrayed!”?
8. At this Passover/Communion celebration the guys start arguing about which one of them is the greatest. How would you summarize Jesus’ response?
9. What is Jesus communicating in 22:28-30?
10. How would you paraphrase the big idea of 22:1-30?
How does it apply?
1. Why do you think Jesus gave us Communion? This physical, symbolic remembrance of His death?
2. What are the potential misunderstandings or misuses of Communion?
3. What were you thinking and feeling the first time you took Communion?
4. What does Communion mean to you now? What do you think about? What do you feel?
5. As we move towards Good Friday and Easter, what is God saying to you?