What does it mean?
- How would you summarize the author’s big idea in chapter 1?
- “Therefore” is the first word of this paragraph. Why is it here?
- What specifically are the readers to pay much closer attention to? What have they “heard”?
- What does it mean to “drift away”? What are signs of drifting?
- What was the message of the angels that proved to be reliable?
- Who received their just “retribution”? What did they do to get their “just retribution?
- The author says, “…how shall we escape if we neglect such a salvation?” Who is the “we”? How is the thought about those who are neglecting salvation, connected to the prior thought, those who had already received their “just retribution”? How are they “neglecting” such a great salvation?
- What is the “great salvation” that the author is referencing?
- What evidences has God given, according to the author, of the “great salvation”?
- What’s the big idea of 2:1-4?
How does it apply?
- When you think back on the last week, on what have you been the most focused?
- What do you do to pay attention to Jesus?
- What might be the signs of someone drifting from Jesus?
- Do you know anyone who has drifted from Jesus? No names, but what did their drifting look like?
- Are there people who keep you paying attention to Jesus? What do they do?
- Are there people you are attempting to keep their attention on Jesus? What do you do?
- What would help you pay “much closer attention” to Jesus?