What does it mean?
- Why do you think the author writes this work, the book of Hebrews? What’s his heart? His concern? His hope?
- What’s the big idea of 5:11-14?
- Why is it important to leave the elementary doctrines of Christ?
- How would you summarize the list of elementary doctrines listed by the author?
- What is it we will do, “if God permits”?
- Verses 6:4-6. Who is the author talking about? What has happened to them? What is impossible for them?
- In the logic and flow of Hebrews, what is the author saying in 6:4-6? Summarize his thinking in your own words.
- What is the author’s point in 6:7-8? How does the rain falling on the land fit with the context?
How does it apply?
- What are the questions you have after reading 6:1-6?
- Have you known folks who have drifted from loving Jesus? What happened? (No gossip)
- Have you ever drifted from Jesus? What happened?
- What brought you back?
- Do you think Jesus would welcome back, forgive anyone who truly confessed and repented, or are their some he wouldn’t forgive? Explain.
- What do you do to ensure that you don’t drift from Jesus? Daily? Weekly?