What does it mean?
1. How would you summarize the big idea of 6:1-8?
2. He begins by saying, “Though we speak in this way.” What way?
3. What are the “better things”, that the author feels sure of?
4. What is God not overlooking?
5. The author encourages them “to show the same earnestness to have full assurance of hope…” What does that mean?
6. What does the sluggishness that the author refers to look like? What’s the opposite of sluggishness? What’s that look like?
7. How do we recognize the people that the author refers to as those, “who through faith and patience inherit the promises”?
8. How would you paraphrase the big idea of 6:9-12?
How does it apply?
1. Have you ever had someone give you a stern warning and then say, “but, I’m confident you will be fine”? What happened? What was that person trying to say to you? How did you connect the warning with the encouragement?
2. When you examine your life, do you see work serving other members of the church family? Where do you find joy in serving?
3. What has helped produce the most assurance of salvation in your life?
4. What do you do (spiritual disciplines) that you hope will lead to more assurance of hope in your life?
5. Who do you know that has a vibrant spiritual faith? How do you imitate them?
6. Do you want others imitating your spiritual journey with Christ? Explain.