What does it mean?
1. What’s the big idea of 5:11-6:20?
2. What does it mean that they have become “dull of hearing”? Be as precise as you can and is warranted.
3. Read 7:1-10 and paraphrase it in your own words.
4. How should we understand that Melchizedek has no beginning of days?
5. What does it mean that the inferior is blessed by the superior and how far does that superiority extend?
6. Read 7:11-14 and paraphrase it in your own words.
7. What’s the perfection the author is referring to in verse 11?
8. Explain the significance of why the author includes that Jesus is from the tribe of Judah.
9. Read 7:15-19 and paraphrase it in your own words.
10. In what ways is the author saying the life of Jesus was indestructible?
11. In what way is the Law imperfect, weak, and useless?
12. Read 7:20-22 and paraphrase it in your own words.
13. What is the oath and why does it carry so much weight?
14. What does it mean that Jesus is the guarantor?
How does it apply?
1. Did you grow up believing that in the OT people were saved by the law and in the NT people are saved by grace? What would the author of Hebrews hope you’d believe?
2. When talking about the treasure and the vessel, are there any Christian traditions that you have added and need to re-examine and discard? If so, what are they?
3. How do you find the balance between sinning so that grace may abound and taking responsibility for your sins?
4. What would a life that believes Jesus + NOTHING = everything look like?
5. What would help you consume more spiritual solid food and what would help you more confidently feed others?