What does it mean?
- How would you summarize the big idea of 7:1-22?
- Why is it relevant that there were lots of priests and that they died?
- What is the significance of Jesus’ priesthood being “permanently”?
- What does saving “To the uttermost” mean?
- How do we “draw near” to God?
- Why does the author list so many characteristics of Jesus? (holy, innocent, unstained, separated from sinners, exalted above the heavens)
- Why did the Levitical Priests have to offer so many sacrifices? Why doesn’t Jesus need to offer daily sacrifices?
- How are the high priests from the law different from the high priest who comes from God’s oath?
- How would you paraphrase the big idea of 7:23-28?
How does it apply?
- How does the author contrasting the Levitical priesthood with Jesus’ priesthood make you feel? What difference does it make to you?
- Why do you think it’s so important to the author to that we see the absolute uniqueness of Jesus’ priesthood?
- What does Jesus’ priesthood mean to you?
- When did you first realize Jesus’ offering of Himself, was the foundation of all your sin being forgiven? How did that make you feel?
- Are you ever tempted to think you need to add something to Jesus’ sacrifice? What does that feel like? How do you know? What do you do?