What does it mean?
- How would you summarize the big idea of chapter 7?
- Where does the author tell us Jesus is now? What’s the significance of where Jesus is?
- Why would Jesus not be allowed to be a priest on earth?
- What are the differences between the tent erected by Moses?
- In what sense were the offerings and tent Moses built a “copy and shadow of the heavenly things”? What did Moses build? What are the heavenly things?
- What makes the ministry and the covenant that Jesus mediates better than the old one?
- Why according to the author is a 2nd covenant necessary?
- As the author quotes Jeremiah to describe how the 2nd covenant is better than the old one, what does he say makes it better (8:10-12)?
- Why is the old covenant obsolete?
- How would you paraphrase the big idea of chapter 8?
How does it apply?
- How much do you know about the old covenant? What’s your understanding of how God intended it to be used?
- Do you sense God’s presence more when you are in the church sanctuary? Explain.
- What’s the difference between a priest and a pastor?
- What’s the difference between a pastor and a church attender?
- Do you ever feel like you need to act or behave in a certain way to earn God’s favor? Explain.
- Do you look forward to joining Jesus in heaven in the true sanctuary? Explain.