What does it mean?
- How would you summarize the big idea of 6:9-12?
- What was the promise God made to Abraham?
- To what event in Abraham’s life is the author referring to when he tells us Abraham “patiently waited”?
- Why did God swear by Himself?
- What specifically is being referred to by “the unchangeable character of his purpose”? What purpose?
- What exactly is “the hope set before us”?
- What, according to the author, motivates us to “hold fast to the hope set before us”?
- What is the “anchor for our soul”?
- The author tells us about our hope, that it, ”enters into the inner place behind the curtain”. What does that mean?
- In what sense was Jesus a “forerunner on our behalf”?
- Who is Melchizedek?
- How would paraphrase the big idea of 6:13-20?
How does it apply?
- When you think of the faith manifest in Abraham’s offering of Isaac, where do your thoughts and feelings go?
- What has motivated, empowered you to cling to the hope we have in Jesus?
- Is Jesus the anchor for your soul that provides steadfastness? Explain.
- How do you feel when Jesus as your anchor doesn’t seem as steadfast as you would like?
- What do you do when you are feeling less certain in Jesus?
- What would help you to “hold fast to the hope” set before you?