What does it mean?
- What was the big idea of 9:15-22?
- Why was it necessary for the copies of heavenly things to be “purified with these rites”? To what rites is the author referring?
- What heavenly things need to be purified?
- Why does Jesus appear in heaven on our behalf?
- Jesus didn’t offer himself repeatedly, and if he had he would have had to “since the foundation of the world”. Why since the foundation of the world?
- Why according to the author, is it important that we understand Jesus appeared “once for all”?
- How did Jesus “put away sin”?
- What is the result of our dying?
- What is the result of Jesus’ dying?
- Why is Jesus appearing a second time?
- Who is Jesus coming for when he returns the second time?
- How would you summarize 9:23-28?
How does it apply?
- Why do you think the author spends so much time contrasting the old covenant with the sacrificial system and the new covenant with Jesus?
- How are you feeling about all the emphasis the author has given to the contrast? Bored? Insightful?
- What applications have you personally found in examining this contrast? Are there some places in your life where you have added something to Jesus?
- are you “eagerly waiting” for Jesus 2nd coming? Explain.