What does it mean?
- How would you summarize chapter 8?
- What is the earthly place of holiness?
- What elements were in the “tent”?
- How many rooms were in the tent? What was the difference between them?
- Why does the author tell us the priests went into the holy place regularly? The high priest once a year in the second room? Why does he take blood?
- What does the Holy Spirit “indicate” through the old covenant sacrificial system?
- What is the time of reformation?
- What is the greater and more perfect tent? Where is it? What’s it look like?
- How did Jesus get into the holy place?
- What did Jesus secure for those who believe?
- What are the dead works we are purified from?
- What motivates us to “serve the living God”?
- How would you paraphrase the big idea of 9”1-14?
How does it apply?
- What have you learned about the Old Testament Levitical priestly sacrificial system?
- What does it feel like was the major misunderstanding the believers to whom the author was writing were dealing with in reference to the Old Covenant?
- Do you ever feel as though you disappoint God? When? Why?
- What do you think God expects of you?
- When the author penned these verses, 9:1-14, what do you think he hoped we would think?
- When the author penned these verses, 9:1-14, what do you think he hoped we would feel?