What does it mean?
- How would you summarize 10:19-25?
- What does he mean by “go on sinning deliberately”? What is it? What’s that look like?
- Who has received the knowledge of truth?
- Why does there “no longer” remain a sacrifice for sins in the context of what the author is writing?
- Who should fearfully expect judgment and a fury of fire?
- what’s the author’s point in comparing those who “set aside the law of Moses” and those who “spurned the Son of God”?
- Why does he tell us, “The Lord will judge his people”?
- Why is it a “fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God”?
- How would you summarize the author’s big idea in 10:26-31?
How does it apply?
- When and how did you first learn about hell? What were you feeling?
- When and how did the reality of the atrocious, dreadful, horrific, frightful reality of hell really impress you?
- How do you now feel about the author using the terror of hell to motivate us to treasure Jesus?
- What motivates you more to love Jesus, the joy of life with Him now and for eternity, or the threat of hell? Explain why?
- Are you confident you belong to God?
- Is there anything you can do to increase your confidence in Jesus?
- Is there anything anyone else could do to help increase your confidence in Jesus?