What does it mean?
- What is the big idea of 10:32-39?
- What are things “hoped for”?
- What is “assurance of things hoped for”?
- What are the “things not seen”?
- What is the “conviction of things not seen”?
- Who are the “people of old”? What does it mean that they received “their commendation”?
- According to the author, faith is believing that God created the world. Why is that important?
- How would you paraphrase the big idea of 11:1-3?
How does it apply?
- When did you first come to have “faith” in God? What did your faith look like then?
- How often do you think about the reality of heaven and what we will eventually enjoy?
- How does your thinking about heaven impact your thoughts and feelings now?
- How often do you think about the reality of our being forgiven, being made children of God, having direct access to Him?
- How does your thinking about the reality of our justified spiritual position before God impact you thoughts and emotions now?