What does it mean?
- How would you summarize 11:8-16?
- What made Abraham’s offering of Isaac such a dynamic expression of faith?
- What motivated Abraham to offer Isaac?
- In what way was did Abraham “figuratively speaking”, receive back Isaac?
- Why does the author reference Isaac’s display of faith?
- Why does the author reference Jacob’s expression of faith?
- Why does the author reference Joseph’s demonstration of faith?
- Why does the author tell us that Joseph mentioned the exodus and gave directions concerning his bones? What difference do his bones being in the Promised Land make?
- How would you summarize 11:17-22?
How does it apply?
- What about Abraham’s offering of Isaac most strikes you?
- What about Abraham’s offering of Isaac most challenges you?
- Are there commands of God you are having trouble obeying? Explain.
- How is your conviction that the best is yet to come impacting your daily life?
- How is your assurance that the best is yet to come affecting the way you view the major challenges of life?
- How would a stronger conviction that, the best is yet to come, change your approach to the challenges in your life?
- What can you do to have a deeper conviction that the best is yet to come?
Print the Life Group Questions