2 Peter 1:5-9
What does it mean?
1. How would you summarize 2 Peter 2:1-4?
2. What “reason” is the author referring to in v. 5?
3. Peter writes in v.4 that because of Gods’ promises, Christians “may become partakers of the divine nature,” and escape from “the corruption of the world.” What does he then encourage believers to do to nurture their own holy living (in vs. 5-7)?
4. How does Peter intend the readers to understand “make every effort”? Is he trying too get us to focus on behavior or knowledge? Explain.
5. Describe the flow of Peter’s thought from vs. 3-4 to 5-7.
6. What are the rewards promised for the one who diligently adds the listed qualities to his/her life?
7. How does Peter see the knowledge of Jesus relating to godly living?
8. How would you summarize 2 Peter 1:5-9?
How does it apply?
1. What is the connection between thoughts, feelings, and behaviors?
2. How does our growing understanding of what God has given us influence our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors?
3. When you see a list of godly behaviors, what do you feel? (Challenged, depressed, excited, frustrated, ashamed…)
4. In Peter’s list of godly behaviors, which stands out as most challenging for you? Explain.
5. In light of this list, what are the efforts we can be making together to add these things to our faith?