Life Group Discussion Questions:
What does it mean?
1. Why might Paul mention the prayers of the Philippians alongside the help of the Spirit?
2. What does Paul mean that he will ‘not be at all ashamed’ in v.20?
3. In v.22 and 24, what benefits does Paul list if he is to be released from prison?
4. How is Paul ok with ‘deliverance’ that means death? What is the benefit he is expecting?
5. With either form of ‘deliverance’ what is Paul’s confidence in v. 20? Describe how Christ is honored in both scenarios.
6. How would you state Paul’s big idea in Philippians 1:18-26?
How does it apply?
1. Does Paul’s ability to find joy in the midst of difficult circumstances encourage us, or discourage us? Why?
2. Who have you known who clearly lived out this phrase “for to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain”? Do we believe it, and do we live it out?
3. What fruitful labor do you look forward to if God leaves you here 1 more year? 5 more years? 10 years? 20 years?
4. Am I experiencing progress and joy in the faith? How do I continue and/or experience more?