Life Group Discussion Questions:
What does it mean?
1. How would you summarize Philippians 1:2-26?
2. What does Paul mean by“live worthy”?
3. How does Paul intend his readers to understand “whether I come and see you or am absent?
4. How is “you” being used in this passage? Is he speaking to us as individuals or us as a community?
5. What does it mean to be “standing firm in one spirit” and “with one mind striving side by side”?
6. How does fear fit into this passage? Fear of what? What fear is Paul talking about?
7. What is the “clear sign” that Paul is referring to? What is the clear sign of destruction and salvation?
8. What does “For it has been granted” mean? How are faith and suffering gifts?
9. How is unity functioning in this passage?
10. What’s the big idea of Philippians 1:27-30
How does it apply?
1. Did something specific strike you about what it looks like to live a life worthy of the manner of the gospel? Explain.
2. In what ways can we seek unity within the body? How can we display a greater unity within the community of RCC?
3. What fears are we facing? What does this passage have to say about those fears, both to those around us as well as the condition of our hearts?
4. What should we think of Paul’s promise that we’ll suffer? In what ways has suffering caused you to assess your own faith, draw closer to God, or provided opportunities you otherwise wouldn't have had to share your faith?