SOLA FIDE “FAITH ALONE”
What does it mean?
1. We have taken 3 weeks off from Philippians to dig into the reformation. What were the big three ideas we have looked at? What of those has resonated with or challenged you?
2. What is the difference between justification and sanctification?
3. How are justification and sanctification related?
4. Why is it important to emphasize justification by faith alone, with nothing added?
5. What does saving faith entail? Is understanding enough? (Anchored in Ephesians 2:8-10. Philippians 2:12-13. James 2:14-17). Explain.
6. What does treasuring Christ look like? How does that change the way we think, feel and live?
7. Do you believe that exegesis leads to clearer theology and inevitably changes the way we live? Is there a story that you could share about your experience in that process?
8. If this process is true (exegesis to clearer theology to life) how does it affect your conversations about Jesus?