2 Peter 2;1-10
What does it mean?
1. How would you summarize 2 Peter 2:1-10?
2. How does the idea of false prophets correlate to 2 Peter 2:1-10?
3. How will false teachers bring in “destructive heresies”? To whom are they secretive?
4. Why does Peter switch his language from prophet to teacher?
5. Who is the Master and in what way is the Master being denied? Does this mean that the false teachers are inside or outside the church?
6. How will the truth be “blasphemed”? How will some be “exploited”?
7. What seems to be the motivation of false teachers in the church?
8. Will people follow these sensual teachings? What will happen as a result?
9. What did Peter want his readers to learn from these Old Testament events?
10. How did God deal with the ancient world and their lifestyle? What are the examples given?
11. How does the Lord deliver the godly out of temptation?
12. Besides rescuing the righteous, what else does the Lord know how to do?
13. How would you paraphrase 2 Peter 2:1-10?
How does it apply?
1. How would you define a heresy?
2. What are the contemporary false teachings? Have you ever encountered a false teacher? Explain.
3. How do you understand the stories of God’s deliverance? Do you question whether He will deliver (save) those who are faithful? Explain.
4. How seriously do you take the swift destruction of false teachers explained in 2 Peter 2:1-10? What do you understand that to look like?
5. How do you appropriately engage with understanding and rooting out false teaching? Is it by focusing on attempting to find false teaching or by thinking more deeply about the authenticity of the person and work of Christ? Explain.