What does it mean?
1. How would you summarize God’s story thus far?
2. How would you describe the role of the Prophets in God’s story?
3. How does Isaiah describe what the ‘servant’ will be like? Is there anything confusing or contradictory about this description?
4. What does it mean that “kings shall shut their mouth because of him?” Why will their mouths be shut?
5. Why was the servant pierced (v.5), and what was the result?
6. Who is the “he” in verse 10? What is "he" doing?
7. What does “he shall see his offspring” mean in v. 10?
8. How is it that the servant is “high and lifted up” and exalted while also being despised, rejected, pierced, etc.?
9. What’s the big idea of Isaiah 52:13-53:12? How would you summarize it in your own words?
How does it apply?
1. How does this text give us a clearer picture of who Jesus is?
2. How do we better understand mercy through this passage?
3. Does the Isaiah’s specificity give you any greater confidence in Jesus? How?
4. Does it give you greater confidence for God’s faithfulness in your life? How?