What does it mean?
1. How would you summarize where we have been thus far in our series?
2. How does this particular section fit in to the overall flow of the ideas we have seen in Scripture?
3. Why did Jesus need to die?
4. What is the tension between God's forgiveness and justice?
5. Could God have saved another way? (Cf. Matthew 26:39, Hebrews 2:14-17)
6. Was it necessary for Jesus to live 30+ years as a human, could he have come to die for us in an instant?
7. What does the cross actually accomplish— for our justification? For our sanctification?
How does it apply?
1. What are the benefits of the cross for us?
2. What are some ways that we can know that we are not trusting in the cross for our salvation as fully as we could? For OST?
3. If Jesus paid the price completely for our salvation, what then is left for us to do?