1 Cor. 15:14-19; Matt. 28:1-10
What does it mean?
1. Where have we been thus far in the series?
2. How does the resurrection fit into the over all scheme of the series?
3. Why is death an enemy and how does Jesus' resurrection address that?
4. What is Matthew trying to convey to us about the reaction of the women? Why is this significant?
5. Why does the angel use the word "disciples" and Jesus use the word "brothers"? Is this significant?
6. What's the big idea of Matthew 28:1-10?
7. Was the resurrection necessary? What is the crucifixion without the resurrection?
How does it apply?
1. Why is the resurrection so significant? (cf. 1 Corinthians 15 & 1 Peter 1:3)
2. In what ways do we minimize the resurrection?
3. Why is it important to see how the resurrection has implications both for today and our eternity?
4. How does the reality of the resurrection change the way we live today?
5. How can we live with more confidence and urgency rather than indifference and disinterest regarding the resurrection?