What does it mean?
How would you summarize where we have been thus far in our series? How does this particular section fit in to the overall flow of the ideas we have seen in Scripture?
1. What's the big idea of John 1:14-18?
2. What does it mean that no one has ever seen God? Why does John bring this up here?
3. How are Moses and Jesus being contrasted?
1. Why did Jesus have to be made like his brothers?
2. What does it mean that Jesus became a merciful and faithful high priest?
3. What does the author want us to get from 2:18?
1. What does it mean that Jesus is the great high priest?
2. Why do you think the author emphasizes that Jesus understands our temptations? Yet never sinned?
3. What does it mean that he “passed through the heavens”?
How does it apply?
1. Which aspect of the incarnation do we typically diminish? His humanity or his divinity?
2. In what ways does Christ's humanity bring us comfort?
3. In what ways does Christ's divinity bring us comfort?
4. How does the incarnation give us a picture of who God is?
5. How does the incarnation, specifically the temptations that Christ endured, affect the way you go throughout the encounters of your life?