WHAT DOES THE TEXT SAY?
1. How would you explain the big ideas throughout Philippians?
2. What does it mean to rejoice in the Lord? Why do you think he specifies “always”? Why does Paul remind us of this?
3. Why do you think Paul is so serious about showing reasonableness and having a non-anxious presence? According to the text, where do we get the power to be reasonable with everyone?
4. What does it mean to be “anxious about nothing”?
5. What do our hearts and minds need to be guarded or protected from? How are we guarded “in Christ Jesus”?
6. What does it mean or look like for the God of peace to be with someone? What kind of peace is Paul describing?
7. How would you paraphrase Philippians 4:4-7?
HOW DOES IT APPLY?
1. What sorts of things occupy your mind? The things that cause you worry, anxiety, fear, or emotional pain? How does your preoccupation with these things affect your relationships?
2. When you feel worried, anxious, fearful, or emotionally pained, what do you do to feel better? What would it look like for you to use prayer and your mind to fight for joy or peace?
3. Where have you seen God at work in your life for which you are thankful?
4. What are the concerns you need prayer for right now? How can we pray for the things which occupy your mind which are causing you to be worried, anxious, fearful, or emotionally pained?