WHAT DOES THE TEXT SAY?
1. What are the big ideas of the book of Philippians?
2. Review chapter 4. How are the ideas of chapter 4 linked?
3. What trouble is Paul referring to in v14?
4. What does “the beginning of the gospel” refer to?
5. Why does Paul return to the idea of partnership?
6. Paul describes this partnership in terms of “giving and receiving.” What was given? What was received?
7. What does Paul mean when he says, “not that I seek the gift”?
8. What is the “fruit that increases to your credit”? Explain.
9. Why does he say, I have received full payment, and more”?
10. Explain what Paul means when he says their gift was “a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God”.
11. In what way does Paul intend to communicate that “God will supply every need”?
12. How would you paraphrase Philippians 4:14-20?
HOW DOES IT APPLY?
1. Paul calls the Philippians partners. He could have called them donors, supporters, or friends. What does the word 'partnership' uniquely convey?
2. What does 'partnership in advancing the Gospel' look like today? at RCC?
3. What criteria do you use to determine where you will invest your time, treasure or talents?
4. How does God get glory when we are generous with our time, treasure or talents? How important are our motives in that process?
5. How does our view of God affect how we invest our time, treasure, and talents?
6. How has your view of God changed/shifted/expanded during our time in Philippians?