1. In your own words what does “you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all
your soul, and with all your mind and with all your strength” mean?
2. The scribe asks, “What’s the greatest commandment?”, and Jesus responds with two commands.
Why do you think?
3. How did, “love the Lord with all your heart…” get lived out in the Old Testament? How does it
get lived out since Jesus’ death and resurrection?
4. How is being loved by God related to loving Him, and how are those connected to
5. How has God most meaningfully helped you experience His love? His Word? Other people?
6. Are there times you don’t feel as loved by God as you know you are? How come?
7. How do you express the love you have experienced from God to others?