BECAUSE JESUS PAID IT ALL...LET'S MEET TOGETHER
April 10, 2016
Hebrews 10:19-25 ESV:  Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus,  by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh,  and since we have a great priest over the house of God,  let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.  Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.  And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,  not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Because Jesus purchased eternal life for us, the author encourages us to meet together regularly in order to expand our understanding, experience and expression of the significance of Jesus’ sacrifice. He is convinced it is essential to our enjoying OST.
- Why we meet together?
- What are we to do when we meet together?
- What are the benefits of meeting together?
Life Group Questions
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
- How would you summarize the big idea of 10:1-18?
- What’s the author referencing with the “Therefore”?
- How did we acquire access to “enter the holy places”?
- What’s the relevance of our having a “great high priest over the house of God”?
- What does it mean to “draw near with a true heart”?
- What is “full assurance of faith”? How does one get that?
- What is the “confession of our hope”? How do we “hold fast” to it?
- What are the loving and good works we are to “stir” one another up to do?
- Why are we to “not” neglect meeting together?
- Why is it important to the author that followers of Jesus meet together?
- What impact is the “Day drawing near” to have on us?
- How would you paraphrase the big idea of 10:19-25?
HOW DOES IT APPLY?
- When you think about the truth that Jesus paid it all, that the gospel is Jesus + ____________, where do your thoughts go? What do you feel?
- Why did you first start going to church, participate in church family life?
- Why do you continue to participate in church family life? (Be candid)
- Has your participation in life group encouraged you? Stirred you to love and good works? Explain.
- What could your life group do that would encourage you more?
- What might you do to encourage others to participate in life groups?